Sugar Free Parrozzo
For the cake
- 3 eggs
- 100 granulated stevia or any other granulated sweetener
- 75 g almond flour or grind the same amount of almonds in a food processor with a metal blade
- 75 g semolina
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp almond extract
For the glaze
- 100 g sugar free chocolate
- 1 Beat together the yolks and stevia until light and fluffly.
- 2 Add the semolina, the almond flour, baking powder, extract. Stir to combine.
- 3 Beat the whites to soft peaks and gently add to the mixture.
- 4 Pour the batter into an overproof owl lined with parchment paper or into a silicone mold.
- 5 Bake in a 180° C over for 10 minutes. Reduce heath to 150° C and bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the conter comes out clean.
- 6 Cool the cake in the bowl completely before inverting onto a wire rack.
- 7 Melt the chocolate over a doule boiler or in the microwave. With a spatula, spread the glaze over the cake in an even layer. Transfer the cake to a serving plate.
A Bodybuilder's Pantry http://bodybuildingpantry.com/