Have your Myofusion protein blend right after your workout with a great alternative to rice – quinoa. Quinoa is richer in protein, fibers and vitamins. Its glycemic index is high (53) but not its glycemic load – you can rapidly and safely refuel on carbs.
- 1 scoop of Myofusion, your favorite flavor
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) quinoa (uncooked weight)*
- 80-150 ml /2 ½ - 5 oz) water
- Mix Myofusion, quinoa and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Since quinoa may boil over, choose a big one.
- Microwave the uncovered bowl on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, or until the cake is firm.
- *If the quinoa you use has a longer cooking time, you may cook it and afterwards stir it with Myofusion and half the water, then nuke for 2-3 minutes till the cake is firm.
- Let sit the bowl in the microwave till it is not hot anymore. Unmold the cake – use a knife if necessary. Wrap it in an aluminum foil. Bring to the gym and have it by 15-60 minutes your workout was finished.
- Nutritional info calculated for Myofusion Advanced chocolate flavor and uncooked quinoa
- Calories 287.2 Total Fat 4.9 Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g Dietary Fiber 3.8 g Sugars 1 g Protein 30.6 g