Myofusion Flour-free Chocolate and Beetroot Cake
- 500 g cooked, unseasoned beetoot, peeled and puréed
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 4 scoops Isofusion or a protein blend like Myofusion, chocolate flavor
- Favorite sweetener. For example 50 g stevia or 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 sugarless cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon extra cocoa powder for dusting
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder (if you want your cake to be gluten-free)
- Pinch of salt
- 125g ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Combine thoroughly all the ingredients by an electric mixer.
- Scrape the mixture into a silicon mold and bake in a 350° F oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cake to cool.
- Turn the cake out.
- Sprinkle with some more cocoa powder (optional).
- If you use a protein blend, the cake is softer. Whey protein makes the cake dryer.
- When the cake is completely cool, dust with cocoa powder (optional). Serve on its own or with crème fraiche, protein fluff or protein ice-cream.
A Bodybuilder's Pantry http://bodybuildingpantry.com/