Low Fat, Low Carb, High Protein “Bread” Sticks
- ½ cup calcium caseinated protein powder – unflavoured
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cooking salt to taste
- Stir ingredients together and gradually add water, stirring until dough forms.
- Just add water gradually – maybe a tablespoon each time – until there’s enough. Don’t worry if dough crumbles – it sort of melts while baking.
- Lay dough in a pan lined with baking (parchment) paper.
- Bake at 360° F for 10 minutes. Dough will rise towards the end of the 10 minutes – flatten it or let it flatten while cooling.
- Cut into ½” wide strips. You can twist the strips into individual breadsticks.
- Place breadsticks in the pan – change your baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cooking salt.
- Place into oven at 390° F for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
- Eat the same day because the get harder and harder in the following days – which may not be a problem if you like them really chewy.
A Bodybuilder's Pantry http://bodybuildingpantry.com/